About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Senior Systems Administrator, under minimal supervision, functions as an expert system administrator engaged in installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and operating system software in support of business processing requirements. Administer, maintain and monitor systems which include but are not limited to Windows Active Directory and related infrastructure to meet company business requirements. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Perform routine and non-routine administration and maintenance of designated system(s) to meet company business requirements. Apply technical skill set and logical problem-solving skills to reduce impact of incidents and expedite resolution
- Monitor systems to achieve optimum level of performance.
- Work with other IT silos in an effort to resolve incidents as well as identify root cause.
- Monitor servers and troubleshoot for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provide capacity analysis reports/data and provide feedback for problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot escalated level problem determination and resolution to ensure availability and stability of corporate based platforms according to established service level agreements.
- Point of contact for escalated issues to senior levels as required.
- Monitor server backups on a daily basis.
- Assists in projects as needed.
- Creating and maintaining virtual environments.
- Provides peer review and guidance to entry and mid-level roles.
- Performs as a project analyst for new implementation and solutions, including gathering and verifying Windows server requirements and making recommendations where required.
- Monitor our incident management system (PDSM/Service-Now) and provide 2nd/3rd tier support
- Identify recurring incidents and open/work problem tickets
- Monitor/ work within Change Management system to support Change Requests (PDSM/Service-Now)
- Adhere to policies and procedures as defined by the Change Management process
- Ability to clearly communicate changes, scope and impact
- This position is full-time and may require after hours or on-call support including, but not limited weekends and evenings.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred and 6 years of relevant experience.
- MCSE, MCIT preferred but not required.
- Network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, GFI, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Visio)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards
- Linux/Unix administration, prefer RedHat
- system virtualization with a preference for KVM open source hypervisor, VM ware is also OK
- web server technologies/administration
- Scripting Languages
- Network troubleshooting
With or without accommodation:
- Able to sit for up to 8 hours per day.
- Able to walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Able to lift/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Able to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 28307