About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Responsible for all IT tasks related to the strategy, planning and delivery of all IT services to support the Business Unit Strategic Plans. This includes but is not limited to working as primary IT contact and liaison for Business Unit leadership on all aspects of service delivery, growth and innovation. Works with Business Unit Finance teams to prepare system budgets and works to ensure all IT services follows corporate governance, policies, procedures and controls. Primary adviser to business unit president and staff on all technology related activities.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Works directly with the business unit owners and customer contacts acting as subject matter expert and key liaison for all information technology needs.
- Leads, manages or participates in business process improvements, redesigns and changes to IT systems to meet customer requests or strategic business objectives.
- Leads IT new business development activities in conjunction with sales and solutions development owners to deliver RFI, RFP and major project formal quotes deliverables.
- Acts as “voice of the customer” inside IT representing both external customer and The Company Operations as needed.
- Participates in all business unit functions including but not limited to staff, leadership and quarterly business review meetings to keep business owners up to date on IT activities.
- Leads and manages Employee as assigned, acts as senior IT representative on site as required by location.
- Prepares annual budgets and monthly forecasts to meet finance leadership guidance.
- Leads or participates in internal and external audits providing input, feedback and formal responses as required.
- Follow corporate vision, mission and values in daily activities following the highest ethical standards in all activities undertaken.
- Tracks and presents innovative solutions and trends in supply chain technologies to the business unit and assist in creating value proposition proposals as needed.
- Maintains comprehensive action item logs and IT metrics package to ensure continuous improvement activities.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive systems integration experience with transaction processing systems.
- Strong leadership skills to direct their team and co-workers to achieve customer strategic and tactical goals.
- Excellent Communication Skills with high degree of verbal and written proficiency both technical and operational
- Strong exposure to financial processes and procedures.
- Use and support of structured processes and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in IT General Controls, SSAE-16 complaint environments.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 28347