About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Analyst, Research I is responsible for utilizing R-Log or designated WMS in conjunction with all available systems/data bases to reconcile discrepancies within a specific department so they can be processed. The resolving of discrepancies is to be done in a timely fashion in order to meet SLA metrics for time in the facility.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Research and resolve discrepancies accurately using all available resources.
- Maintain the flow of discrepant product by resolving them in FIFO or Prioritization order.
- Communicate repetitive errors and problems to the Inventory Control Manager.
- Assist in determining root causes of the discrepancies along with recommendations to prevent them, and report that information to the Supervisor and Customer.
- Maintain a good relationship with accounts by responding to all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Report feedback to management, including any signs of dissatisfaction.
- Implement and promote continuous improvement warehouse and inventory functions utilizing established quality processes (ISO, account, etc) and through active participation in High Performance Work Teams.
- Understand and meet all customer quality goals.
- Participate in quality programs and quality project teams.
- Make recommendations regarding continuous improvement of department work processes and operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- At least year of warehouse experience including computer skills.
- Effective communication and PC skills required.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 28448