About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Operations Assistant-Chief (Ops Support) is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day management of the evening shift. The incumbent must be able to do workforce planning, hiring and employee training to meet the objectives / timelines of the sales order schedule. Guarantor of the maintenance of FedEx Supply Chain safety standards.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Plan, coordinate and recommend necessary short-term resources based on analysis of customer volumes, projections and data;
- Make adjustments to resources or processes, where necessary, to meet projected delivery schedules;
- Coordinate daily meetings to communicate the planning of the evening,
- Maximize the efficiency and cost of operations;
- Follow up on urgent orders;
- Support the process of continuous improvement;
- Use performance indicators to improve capacity / effectiveness and ongoing initiatives;
- Participate in analyzing the distribution center's productivity results and communicate the results to the evening team;
- Promote a positive work climate and a safe work environment by enforcing FedEx Supply Chain rules and procedures;
- Ensure the proper management and control of rolling stock;
- Assist his superior in the preparation of budgets;
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of his team of supervisors / employees;
- Lead departmental employees by creating / sharing a shared vision / direction and an understanding of the organization's strategy while ensuring compliance with company policies / procedures and the continuous improvement process;
- Responsible for the professional development of his team of supervisors as well as promoting a work environment focused on respect and teamwork;
- Make recommendations to the Assistant General Manager on warehouse operations improvement programs;
- Ensure the quality and efficiency of all processes performed in a given area of responsibility;
- Ensure the proper management of absenteeism and discipline records as well as consistency in the application of the policies and procedures of the Manager and Employee Manual at FedEx Supply Chain;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
You might be a great fit if….
- College diploma in operations management or equivalent;
- Minimum of six (6) to eight (8) years of operations management experience in the field of 3PL warehousing and logistics;
- Sense of analysis and problem solving;
- "Leadership" demonstrated;
- Excellent mobilizer / communicator;
- Ability to manage stress;
- Priority management;
- Autonomy and adaptability;
- Oral and written bilingualism is essential;
- Good knowledge of health and safety;
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Knowledge of warehousing management systems (DCCS), YS, IMS, etc. ;
- In-depth knowledge of project management;
- Experience in an environment where the health and safety of employees is a daily priority;
- Warehouse environment. May be exposed to variable temperature conditions.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 28561