About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
This strategic role will provide technical expertise and support for planning, developing, organizing & coordinating large programs/projects. To provide project and change management training and coaching to key project teams. To research, evaluate and recommend new technologies, methodologies, processes and products to achieve major innovative improvements. To collect, analyze, and produce financial and performance indicators and forecasts related to project activity. To provide appropriate specifications for and coordination of programs that cross department/division lines.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Leads multiple complex programs/projects to ensure all components including computer systems, policies, processes, performance standards, training, etc. Are identified, assigned, and completed across department/ division lines.
- Provides project task assignments, priorities, schedules and activities for program/project team members as required by the size, complexity, and urgency of each program/project.
- Plans project objectives ensures communication of plans, progress, and status to all parties. Organizes, directs & controls project/program design, development and testing.
- Manages a comprehensive and efficient process to establish priorities for assigned programs/projects by conducting priority setting sessions and informing all parties of established priorities, ensuring fair and complete consideration of the views of all end users, development support groups and management.
- Performs the collection, analysis and reporting of indicators of financial and operational performance of department processes to measure customer satisfaction and operational efficacies, making the necessary adjustments to the process to ensure the optimum benefit.
- Analyzes and predicts the consolidated impact to capacity and performance of the department processes by proposed and/or planned programs/projects and new methodologies.
- Researches, evaluates & recommends emerging technologies, new business & management techniques, philosophies & methodologies.
- Works across department/division/subsidiary lines concerning technologies and methodologies for department programs/projects; advises as to whether project development methods will be adequate, complete, and compatible with corporate methodologies.
- Participates on various committees and task forces to ensure consideration of program needs and to determine and provide information regarding proposed projects involving department.
- Prepares and presents reports and briefings to various organizations & individuals including executive management and officers & directors.
- Analyzes problems/issues/concerns involving policies, processes and performance requirements for programs, determines required corrective action, and performs necessary actions to resolve.
- Collects, researches, analyzes, defines user requirement specifications for program/project and communicates to appropriate technical groups.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in business, project management, computer science or directly related discipline. Seven (7) years exempt experience in project/ program management, project development, systems design/development or business planning and analysis.
- Experience in the use of project management/ planning software. Experience in planning major projects including development of project proposals, business cases, schedules and financial justification. PMP certification preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of standard program and financial management techniques. Strong human relations, leadership, and communication skills.
- Strong competencies in Microsoft Office (excel, word, powerpoint, access), sharepoint and microsoft project required.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 28617