About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
· A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
· A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
· An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
· A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Quality will be leading and implementing an industry leading Quality Management System for the organization. The incumbent will be accountable to build a plan to roll out a Quality Management System for new business transitions/start-ups. This position will be the champion for all document workflow/ procedures relevant to the company Quality Management System standards.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Implementing quality strategies/systems and developing initiatives to improve work processes at site level.
- Assuring site compliance to specific account or site standards and regulatory requirements at all levels
- Quantifying, seeking long-term solutions and reviewing corrective action plans to non-conforming work processes and product damage, expiry, etc., within this facility.
- Implementing training programs, as required, to improve site performance.
- Performing internal audits on the quality system and reporting findings with request for corrective actions.
- Continuing development of current accounts.
- Establishing and implementing service surveys on regular basis with reporting to internal and external management.
- Assuring accurate disposition of non-conforming product including management of product damage, expiry, quarantine, holds, returned goods and recalls, ensuring that all information is properly communicated to customer concerning non-conforming products.
- Providing assistance to the Facility Manager on special projects as required.
- Assuring the day to day facility operations meet all productivity, safety, and quality objectives.
- Providing leadership and direction to the facility employees.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8+ years of relevant experience.
In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10+ years of relevant experience.
Span of control must be at a department level or above.
Ability to multi-task in a fast pace dynamic environment with tight deadlines a must.
Computer literacy at high level to include Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Customer service driven.
Strong team player.
Ability to follow policies and procedures.
Ability to read, write and interpret information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.