About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Operations Analyst 1 is responsible for providing value to our customer. This is accomplished by identifying operational improvement opportunities; measure and validate these opportunities, and implement, train, coach and mentor the workforce on all operational changes.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Conduct and support facility-wide, cross-functional operations improvement projects.
- Lead detailed process analysis using statistical tools.
- Perform root cause analysis, develop and verify metrics.
- Perform supply chain analyses and develop related recommendation. Analyses are used to develop the recommended operational improvements, lowering costs and improve customer service. Scope of analysis includes inventory deployment, network design, and fulfillment and distribution strategies.
- Perform Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, process design, and methods development, establish performance standards/metrics, ROI analysis and project management.
- Stimulate management thinking by tactfully challenging conventional wisdom through demonstration of the application of the Six Sigma and Lean. Provide guidance and knowledge to lead the change.
- Utilize Six Sigma and Lean to lead and execute high impact process improvement projects.
- Present data and solutions to customers, both internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred and 4-6 years of experience with an emphasis in Business, Logistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or Mathematics.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED, and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Transaction experience in multiple business areas of operations and experience in a logistics environment.
- Documented completion of transactional-related projects with demonstrated success and financial results.
- Technical competency in Six Sigma skills’ DMAIC, DFSS, Lean, Kaizen/Workout, process management, change management and advanced statistical analysis.
- Formal Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Experience coaching and delivering training at all levels of an organization.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Windows, Minitab, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and simulation software.
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to develop and present solutions that add value to the customer (external and internal).
- Proven success interacting with the customer (internal and external).
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Proactive and ambitious.
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 29096