About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Safety will be responsible for developing and maintaining an industry leading safety culture that drives continuous improvement in areas of Environmental Safety and Health based on federal, state, and company regulatory requirements. This individual is responsible for developing, establishing, and maintaining all Environmental Safety and Health programs. This role provides information, support and direction to all employees regarding work place health and safety.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Plan, develop and maintain environmental, health and safety policies and programs.
- Works with all levels of Leadership and Employees to identify and evaluate environmental, health and safety hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
- Maintaining Job Hazard Analyst documentation and implement ideas created from the JHA.
- Coordinates the implementation of controls from results environmental, health and safety audits.
- Is the main point of contact for all environmental, health and safety related accidents/incidents, calls, concerns, projects and initiatives. Takes initiative by making recommendations directly to the Leadership Team to prevent future environmental, health and safety issues.
- Compile, analyze, interpret and environmental, health and safety misses including OSHA Recordable accidents, loss and exposure data.
- Works with Operations Supervisors on environmental, health and safety incidents insuring that all reports and medical decisions are correctly made.
- Communicates with the corporate office to insure facility alignment with Company policies, procedures and OSHA and other compliance regulations.
- Provide training, direction, leadership to the environmental, health and safety Committee; publishing agendas and meeting minutes and maintaining an overall effective Committee.
- Conducts and coordinates on-site inspections of physical conditions and safe work practices and behaviors.
- Prepares schedule for environmental, health and safety representative weekly audits and communicates audit findings/results.
- Makes recommendations regarding Safety Citations and corrective actions.
- Develops and oversees all safety related incentive and awareness based programs to enhance facility performance.
- Schedules and coordinates facility evacuations and develop action plans to address opportunities.
- Insures all environmental, health and safety related reports are prepared accurately and timely (ie: OSHA log, Core Audit compliance, 5S, Evacuations, facility SOAR and accident/incident analysis charts).
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control must be at a department level or above.
- 5+ years’ experience/training in law enforcement or security operations in the warehouse or retail environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace dynamic environment with tight deadlines a must.
- Computer literacy at high level to include Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 29321