About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The truck driver’s responsibilities involve delivery and pick-up, reporting operations, customer service, safety and security of parcels and conveyance, and other duties as assigned by management. The truck driver maintains a positive attitude that promotes customer satisfaction and teamwork within the operations supported.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Delivery and pickup involves making round-robin pickup and deliveries in a timely, efficient, and effective manner to facilitate meeting contractual quality standards.
- Pick up all released parcels from the local CMOP facility at least three (3) times daily based on workload ensure logbook sign in/out procedures are documented at CMOP locations.
- Drop off empty BMC containers and returned, recalled, or specialized parcels from the mail manifesting site to the CMOP location.
- Load BMC, skids or pallets containing parcels into the truck or trailer and affix a numbered truck/trailer door seal.
- Document on Bill of Lading (BOL) the accurate count of BMC’s, skids, and pallets for pick up.
- Affix a truck/trailer to the door seal and document seal number on the BOL.
- Deliver the truck/trailer to the mail manifesting site documenting date/time of arrival and conducting a two (2) party inspection of truck seal integrity before the offload process begins.
- Develop and maintain an efficient primary and secondary routing system to follow.
- Develop and maintain an organized and efficient loading and unloading procedures.
- Ensure truck and parcel handling safety procedures are adhered to when picking up, transporting, and delivering parcels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of safe driving experience.
- Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Must successfully pass a National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- Perform vehicle pre/post-operation safety checks (i.e., vehicle lights, trailer doors locks, wheel chocking)
- Obey traffic laws to include: driving within posted speed limits, stopping and looking for traffic at all stop signs, signaling for lane changes, maintaining safe operating distances, etc.
- Report unsafe vehicle, equipment or working conditions to assigned supervisor.
- Maintain a clean vehicle at all times.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 29582