About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp., is a leader in the third-party logistics industry, offering diverse services that enable business commerce. Having proven itself in terms of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technologies and encourage constant improvement. Leveraging best practices and the globally recognized FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain provides cutting-edge solutions that provide flexibility, adaptability and improve profitability for customers. With more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, visit supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong brand, FedEx, which is consistently ranked among the most admired and trusted employers in the world.
- An excellent management team with the experience necessary to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind to new ideas and creative methods.
- An excellent compensation and benefits program, including health care, vision, dental, a retirement savings plan (RSP) with a competitive contribution and much more!
The Safety Coordinator will perform internal safety assessments and lead hazard identification processes. The Safety Coordinator will also be responsible for training internal teammates regarding environmental, health, and safety processes, procedures and regulatory requirements
This position will be responsible for....
- Conduct internal safety assessments of work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Document all assessments, training and procedural non-conformance utilizing approved documents and/or electronic documentation methods.
- Conduct and document safety orientation training for all new hire teammates and newly assigned temporary associates.
- Serve as central review and approval of all local Powered Industrial Truck training including the issuance of certification documents, maintaining Operator files and scheduling initial and re-training.
- Serve as Site Safety Committee Chairperson.
- Represent the site in all Regional Safety Council calls, meetings, training and events.
- Report directly to the Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED required and 2-4 years of relevant experience. College degree in safety preferred.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in the development and implementation of safety programs.
- Working knowledge of regulatory standards to include Cal OSHA Title 8.
- Functional knowledge of Federal OSHA standards.
- Experienced in developing and presenting training materials via PowerPoint, lecture and small group meetings.
- Experience with RCRA, EPA and DOT preferred.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office applications with strong emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support a “Safety Above All” core value by maintaining strong and open communication.’
- Customer Driven
- Strong Team Player
With or without accommodation:
Ability to follow policies and procedures.
Ability to read, write and interpret information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a general warehouse environment on a concrete surface with adequate lighting. Temperatures can be very hot during the summer months and very cold during the winter months. Workspace can be very dusty and occasionally noisy due to traffic of motorized vehicles operating.
At FedEx Supply Chain, we understand and value the diversity of our employees and are proud to be an employer with equal employment opportunities. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other group recognized by federal, provincial or local law.
FedEx Supply Chain will provide accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job ID: 29720