About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Industrial Engineer III is responsible for analyzing and improving current work processes and layouts, measuring and documenting best practices, leading lean initiatives with savings in excess of 3x salary, and supporting new business activities as needed.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Perform process and capacity analyses by documenting product, resource and information flow in current operations and using tools including value stream maps, process flow diagrams, time and motion studies, and AutoCAD drawings. Minimal to no direction would be needed on small/medium size projects while some direction/supervision may be required on more complex projects.
- Develop, justify and implement recommendations of process improvements, technological upgrades, and automation/redesigns of existing processes/equipment/layout with some direction; Lead projects with total annual savings in excess of 3x salary.
- Develop tools/processes to support operations (ex: labor planning, product scheduling).
- Support operations and other engineers with various analyses (what-if analysis, cost analysis, etc...) to help identify potential areas of improvement.
- Support projects/tactics lead by higher level engineers as well as identify and pursue own projects/tactics that contribute to company goals with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Support and lead continuous improvement activities (Kaizen, 5S, etc...) with medium complexity utilizing QDM (lean) methodology.
- Support new business activities and other projects with cost estimates as well as design and implementations of new layouts.
- Maintain and update AutoCAD layouts.
- Support specification and selection of material handling equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Independently manage own project deliverables and schedules.
- Communicate and plan with teammates, vendors, customers and management to support above efforts. Build and maintain necessary relationships with mid-level management to help with development and implementation of projects.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor degree in industrial engineering or related field with 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Word and Access skills is required.
- Fluency with use and development of layouts using AutoCAD is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Lean Green belt preferred
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The safety and well-being of our team members and job candidates is our top priority. Candidates should take any signs of illness seriously. Per the guidance of public health organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, candidates feeling ill should not attend any recruiting appointments and should stay at home to avoid any potential spread of sickness.