About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Maintenance Technician III is responsible for maintaining the main controls for the Dematic System to ensure safety as well as productivity. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Set up and maintain machinery in co-pack area to comply with current safety standards.
- Complete all preventive and predictive maintenance on Dematic Machinery.
- Assisting in the Equipment Validation Process.
- Electromechanical skills, trouble shooting skills with the PLC controls, servos and other discrete electrical control components.
- Must have the ability to connect a PC to a PLC and step through and understand the PLC program to troubleshoot complex controls failures and Maintenance Programs. Ability to make minor code changes under the direction of Engineering.
- Ability to read prints and schematics.
- Proficient in using eMaint for troubleshooting as well as capturing repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Assist in development of department talent.
- Knowledge of working with basic reports to solve issues.
- Schedule appointments with vendors for facility issues.
- Communicate at a high level to peers and other department employees.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of all service work in the Qware system.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager and Co Pack Supervisors.
You might be a great fit if….
- High School diploma or equivalent required and 4+ years of experience performing mechanical maintenance duties in a manufacturing/packaging environment, or equivalent combination of vocational education and experience.
- Must have exceptional problem solving and maintenance skills.
- General computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and general computer aptitude required.
- Electrical experience working on 480 Volt and 3 Phase.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintenance on conveyor systems, belt motors and other material handling equipment is a must.
- Distribution and Warehouse Environment experience required.
- General facilities maintenance experience.
- Adaptable and flexible, and experience in a fast a paced high volume environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 25 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.