About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Material Handler will manually, or by hand truck, move materials, supplies, and finished goods to designated places
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manually or using hand truck performs various material handling duties in the facility.
- Manually loads raw material or finished product on skid or hand truck.
- Manually handles railroad car dock boards and wooden and steel bracing materials or railroad car dunnage bags.
- Opens or closes car doors and prepares cars or trucks for shipment.
- Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas. Cleans up and disposes of scrap bracing, cardboard, and strapping and
- places in proper containers or designated areas.
- Uses tools such as hammers and crowbars to remove strapping, open crates, strap cars
- May be assigned as shipping department sweeper in absence of regular employee.
- Assists with product repair when not occupied in above duties.
- May assist in printing department to store and place full and empty drums.
- Utility person on the line in assembly department.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
You might be a great fit if….
- 0-2 years of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Willingness to learn other line jobs to serve as utility person for breaks and lunch.
- Willingness to work rotating, continuous seven-day work cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 30005