About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Senior Manager, Quality Healthcare provides strategic leadership for the Field Quality function overseeing Healthcare facilities. The role provides oversight to the team and is responsible for leading and implementing an industry leading Quality Management System compliant to cGMPs and eligible for certification under an ISO standard. The senior manager will lead the development, implementation and continual improvement of Quality Systems as they relate to our healthcare business, as well as the handling of regulated health care products compliance. They are also responsible for handling systems deployed by our contracted customers in facilities we operate on their behalf for facilities assigned.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 1 full time exempt manager. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Provides support and direction to Quality Managers in the field regarding best practices, industry standards and quality certifications.
- Serves as a point of contact and subject matter expert to facilities that do not have a full-time, on-site Quality Manager
- Represents the Corporate Quality department at FedEx Supply Chain field locations undergoing audits.
- Provides regular reports on quality system health and functioning to leadership and other HealthCare Logistics senior management.
- Interact directly with contracted customer’s quality resources to mutually support quality and regulatory requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Managing Director to support the HealthCare Logistics business.
- Consult and provide input to the Managing Director and other management regarding the selection and maintenance of qualified personnel in all quality positions.
- Provide orientation and on the job training for teammates as required and ensure that teammates understand the authority and responsibilities for each position.
- Consult with all aspects of management responsible for policy or action. Ensure compliance within area of responsibility and make recommendations for improving effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Provides leadership in using Quality Driven Management techniques within the business, encouraging use of analysis to drive decision making and development of improvements. Ensures team understands expectations and how information is reported and used.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Science or other related field preferred and 10 years of relevant experience working in a healthcare supply chain environment. Additional education is highly desirable.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 12 years of relevant experience working in a healthcare supply chain environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time managerial/supervisory-level employment in position(s) related to the distribution of medical devices, medical/surgical supplies or pharmaceutical products with a pharmacy, wholesaler, distributor, manufacturer or 3PL provider.
- Strong understanding and ability to navigate healthcare regulatory requirements and compliance specifically related to FDA regulations is required.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations and requirements, experience with outside agencies such as ISO and DEA, preferred.
- Expertise in CAPA reporting and documentation is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems Validation requirements in health care environments.
- Experience developing parts of a functioning Quality Management System (QMS) and expertise overseeing the ongoing functioning of a QMS.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a matrixed environment with Human Resources, Quality, Employee Health and Safety, Engineering and other specialties.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
The safety and well-being of our team members and job candidates is our top priority. Candidates should take any signs of illness seriously. Per the guidance of public health organizations like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, candidates feeling ill should not attend any recruiting appointments and should stay at home to avoid any potential spread of sickness.
Where can candidates learn more about the FedEx COVID-19 response measures?
You can learn more at https://www.fedex.com/en-us/coronavirus.html